My husband has always been a 'stay in bed as long as possible' kinda guy. Now he's older this generally means about 09:30/10:00. When we first met it was about 14:00. When I stayed over I'd end up waking at about 06:00 and just sitting reading a book until he woke up.
I soon gave up on those niceties because half the day had gone before I saw him. What a waste of a day. That said, I'm a morning person and he's a night owl. I quite like this actually because it means I get space at the start of the day alone and he gets space at the end of the day because I go to bed rediculously early.
So his core hours are around 08:30 to 11:55, mine are around 04:00 to 09:00.
This was exacerbated when son was a pre-schooler and used to commute with me every day. It was then that I removed my clothes from the wardrobe in the bedroom and stored them elsewhere.Depending on the house we've lived in we've always therefore had a random second wardrobe. Currently it's in the corner of my study and it's here that I tend to get dressed every day. However, I don't have a chest of drawers.
To get around this I keep my underwear in an open basket at the bottom of the airing cupboard. This has never been a problem. Until this week!
On Monday I went to get some clean underwear and there sitting proudly on top of them was a hand sized hairy spider. THE HORROR. I went to get a glass and a piece of paper to bravely try to extract it. By the time I came back it had gone.
Now I know that somewhere in my underwear is this huge spider. Will I put my hand into the knickers and make contact - even worse will it hide and I'll actually put a pair of pants on with a huge spider inside?
I literally can't cope with this. I've managed all week because I did a wash at the weekend and I hadn't put the dried washing away. However, this morning I used the last pair of these.
I've no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow. I may even go online and order a whole new batch of pants so I never have to go into that basket again.
I suppose I could just remove the basket and pour everything into the washing machine. But if I do that it will kill the spider and I'm not sure I can cope with the guilt.
Watch this space. Will I be brave or will I restock.
Whole thing is terrifying (and that's why the blog is called first world problems!).

Comments
Post a Comment