Of course the problem with going out for my walk later is that the humans are out.
Got in car to drive to beach with dog at 06:30. Could see rubbish truck in distance so took a different longer route. Only to discover rubbish truck had taken it too.
Squeezed past on the pavement. Going onto main road with 30mph speed limit nearly got slammed into by car going about 70mph. Got to seafront and there was another rubbish truck blocking the parking.
Managed to find a spot between 2 badly parked cars with 3 inches of space to get out of my door. Loads of humans scuttling around suddenly. Way too many for my brain to cope with. Took a diversion from main way to seafront. Just as hitting promenade a van came hurtling along at 50mph - to be clear there are few vehicles on seafront promonade probably 1 council truck to empty bins each week and they go at about 2mph for safety.
I had no idea where dog was so shrieked for it, fortunately it wasn't far from me.
By now my shoulders were around my ears with tension. I continued to walk along promonade to get to the walkway down to the far beach. 2 electric bikes zoomed past at about 30mph.
Rest of walk went ok. As soon as I got down to the beaches that only I go to I didn't have to deal with anybody. Though my beach shoes are now so knackered that I'm having to walk gingerly so I don't slip - next time I go I think the hiking boots will have to come out.
Walking back to car about 4 more bikes zoomed past at 30mph.
To make matters worse today dog had the smells. This means that somewhere within a 2 mile radius is something dead that is stinking. She then goes into a frenzy looking for it, not to eat, to roll in it. So I spent the entire walk having to remind her to pick up her ball and to stay with me.
Getting back to the car the rubbish truck had gone, but another lorry had parked horizontally blocking my car. I had to ask it to move.
I needed to pop to the shop on the seafront for something. Parked up and tried to whizz in. The automatic door didn't open. I took 3 steps back and tried again. Didn't open, 3 steps back and tried again. I could see one of the staff in there. In the end they plinked something in their pocket and the door opened. I went to the counter, but they'd literally let me in and then pissed off.
I managed not to just scream. I stood for 10 minutes, contemplating taking some things off the shelf I didn't need and then walking out. In the end I said very loudly "HELLO". Somebody turned up. They said "sorry for the wait". I didn't respond. I said - "I couldn't even get in". They said - "oh that's a new security feature". I said nothing - I knew if I did I'd regret it 10 minutes later. I think the look on my face was enough because they withered.
Leaving the shop I was nearly hit by a car doing a 3 point turn in the road without looking.
By the time I got home around 07:30 I was in a frenzy of frustration. Literally the worst walk ever and why - because of humans. They are a FUCKING NIGHTMARE.
This is the sad difference in the winter. In the summer I can leave home at about 05.30. Get the walk done and be safely back in my house before another human is awake. There is no excuse for this amount of humanity walking around. Certainly not all at the same time.
Vent over..........................

Comments
Post a Comment