Its all a bit unusual in the garden right now. Flowers that should have been out months ago have suddenly bloomed.
I guess it was the long dry summer.
Its made wrapping the garden up for winter hard because we have been waiting until things stopped flowering.
So cutting things back has been over several weeks.
This weekend we did the big final push. Lawn mowed, plants hacked back and patio furniture covered ready for high wind and blasting rain which tends to be winter where I am. Spot the many bungie ropes holding the table cover in place. Much needed.
I'm the picture you see the last flowering plant. As soon as we get a frost I will cut that back and slide it, along with my money plant, into my makeshift greenhouse (clear cover over a little outside table).
Wonder how long before that's needed?
Had to wait until 06.30 to go to the beach this morning. Also wonder how many weekday morning beach walks left this year. Tick tock.

Comments
Post a Comment